With KeyShot 3.3 we provided a sample set of DuPont paint materials. Now, we're excited to announce that we've teamed up with DuPont to launch a KeyShot material download site where you can search through and download four collections of paint offered by DuPont, with more being added in the future. Here are the details on the collections and how to use them inside KeyShot.
DuPont Paints for KeyShot
The collections currently available are Popular colors, Trending colors, SpectraMaster® colors and DuPontTM Hot HuesTM line. With materials in each of the four collections you can instantly apply and view dozens of accurate color coatings under real-world lighting conditions. We'll show you just how far DuPont is taking this with some more exciting news tomorrow.
You can download all available color colections of DuPont Performance coatings at keyshot.dupont.com.
How to Use
Instructions on how to use the paints inside KeyShot:
- Select the paints you want to use.
- Download the zip file into the desired location.
- Unzip the file.
- Rename the folder (optional).
- Move the folder with the materials into the Materials folder inside the KeyShot resources folder.
- On PC, under Documents\KeyShot 3, or Public\Documents\KeyShot 3
- On Mac, under ~/Library/Application Support/KeyShot 3
- Start KeyShot.
- Open the Library.
- Browse to the Material tab, and located the new folder.
- Rename the folder, or drag and drop the new paints to a different location.
If you are out at SEMA SHOW 2012 this week, join us in the DuPont booth (#22391 - located Central Hall, near the South end of the Ford booth) at the Las Vegas Convention Center, October 30 - November 2, 2012. You'll find more information on DuPont Paints for KeyShot at dupont.www.keyshot.com.